FARMAGEDDON OPEN-AIR 2015 VOLUNTEER APPLICATION
Please note **Returning volunteers will be contacted by our volunteer coordinator by February 1st and do not need to fill out an online application. If you are a returning volunteer from 2014 and have not been contacted by our volunteer coordinator email Cyn@farmageddon.ca as soon as possible to let us know!**
Each year FOA depends on the commitment of volunteers to help with nearly every facet of the event. Since volunteers are the back bone of FOA, we hope you will help us build and maintain its success. Every year artists, staff and patrons comment on the enthusiastic attitude of our volunteers and the fun festival atmosphere they help to provide. We can’t do it without you!
How can you become a FARMAGEDDON volunteer?
To secure a volunteer position with FOA you must be of legal working age in Alberta, submit this online application, pass our screening/interview process, and attend one mandatory new volunteer orientation. You will also be required to attend the final volunteer meeting held the week prior to the festival weekend. Information on interview and orientation dates will be provided once the application process is completed. Please note: ** If you wish to become a volunteer, and are under the age of 18, you must provide written consent of their parent(s) or guardian(s) once the application has been processed.**
FOA cannot guarantee placement on the same crew as friends or family but it is a wonderful opportunity to meet new people and make lifelong friends.
Volunteer Time Commitment
The volunteer time commitment is between 15 – 30 hours over the course of the weekend, depending on your crew placement. (Hours are subject to change) Volunteers will work in shifts and be allotted 15 – 30 min breaks depending on crew placement
Also to new applicants:
Excalibur Productions will cover the cost for volunteers who need ProServe/ ProTect training. All volunteers are encouraged to complete this certification.
If there are any questions or concerns our volunteer coordinator, Cyn Mercredi can be reached via email at: Cyn@http://www.farmageddon.ca/
FOA / VOLUNTEER AGREEMENT
FOA agrees to the following understanding with volunteers:
Volunteers will have access to the Festival site for the weekend, including back stage area. (VIP & Artist only areas excluded)
Volunteers will have access to meals at no charge per shift worked
Volunteers will have access to the Volunteer Appreciation Event following the Festival Weekend at no charge.
Volunteers will receive respectful treatment at all times.
Volunteers will receive proper training and support to ensure a safe and secure experience.
Volunteers will have direct access to the Volunteer Coordinator and Support Team at all times.
FOA will abide by all Health and Safety regulations and provide information regarding these regulations on request.
The Volunteer agrees to the following understanding with FOA :
All Volunteers will submit a fully completed Volunteer Application Form, with accurate information.
Volunteers will pay a $15 non-refundable Festival Fee on acceptance of application. This Fee helps the Festival maintain a strong Volunteer Community and supports Volunteer services including T-shirts, Meals & Snacks, Transportation, Appreciation Events, and Support Services
Volunteers will provide the Festival with emergency contact information once assigned and inform the Festival of any known medical conditions that are relevant to the safety and emergency care of said volunteer. (ie: severe allergies, physical limitations, required additional accommodations for any health issue)
All Volunteers will attend General Festival & Committee meetings as directed.
All Volunteers will complete 15 volunteer hours if assigned during festival weekend and 30 hours if assigned Pre or Post festival.
All Volunteers will complete their Festival volunteer assignment in a satisfactory way (showing up on time for shifts, staying required duration, wearing volunteer T-shirt while on shift, respectful treatment of other volunteers, staff, performers, and patrons of the Festival.)
All Volunteers will abide by the policies of FOA, including, but not limited to, zero tolerance for use of violence, harassment, controlled drugs, and the consumption of alcohol while on shift.
· A volunteer will ordinarily be a person 14 years of age and older.
· Areas that handle alcohol require volunteers to be 18 years of age or older.
· Areas in which driving is necessary require volunteers with a clean driving abstract and the appropriate class of license.
· Some areas may require specialized abilities and/or training.
By continuing with the application you agree to have read and accept the Terms and Conditions outlined above.
The following categorization of volunteer posts, is a good reflection on what what is expected of the applicant, and is an opportunity to review the list of duties for each volunteer area.
· Assist with cleaning festival grounds, setting up as well as tearing down equipment.
· Aiding in transporting supplies to and from festival grounds
*May require heavy lifting and a valid driver’s licence
· Ensure all artists are welcomed, supplied with up to date information and are comfortable during their stay.
. Provide a communication link between the artists and the festival manager.
· Meeting artists at the gate on arrival and showing them to their designated campsite
· Run errands associated with artist needs
*Applicants must possess a valid driver’s licence, excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. May be required to help in other areas
· Be the first point of contact for all guests, volunteers, artists, companies, and press
· Ensure signage is correctly displayed
· Responsible for selling/taking tickets, cash, debit, and credit card transactions, and customer service. Accuracy and attention to detail is a must.
· Wristband all musicians and festival attendees
· Provide festival information to bands and festival attendees
· Ensure no one enters without a ticket or wristband
*Applicants must possess excellent monetary competency, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
· Welcome and direct bands
· Set up, disassemble and run sound equipment, as directed by the sound engineers and stage manager
· Provide standby support for running errands
. Keep generators fueled up and running.
. Assist in any technical difficulties that may occur during the festival, as directed by the sound techs, stage manager, or festival manager.
· Keep stage clean
*Applicants must be Flexible, adaptable, and able to work within a team as well as independently. Must be able to take direction. Requires heavy lifting.
· Transport merch to/from Volunteer HQ
· Do merch count ins / outs
· Sell band and festival merchandise
· Handle cash, debit, and credit card transactions
· Keep track of sales and inventory
· Stock area and keep it neat and tidy
*Applicants must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, able to take direction, possess excellent monetary competency, interpersonal, and organizational skills. May require some heavy lifting
· Check in bands / volunteers as they arrive
· Collect band merch and count sheets and prep for merch crew
· Hand out food and drink tickets
· Ensure paperwork is in check and everything is documented
· Ensure volunteers sign in prior to shift
· Hand out volunteer T-shirts
· Keep volunteer HQ clean and tidy
· Provide festival information to bands and festival attendees
· Ensures all issues or concerns of an immediate nature are directed to the volunteer coordinator.
*Applicants must possess excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Some computer skills.
· Check identification and confirm it meets legal drinking age
· Take beverage orders
· Deal with cash transactions
· Attempt to limit problems and liability related to excessive drinking by taking steps such as persuading customers to stop drinking,
· Report disruptive guests to security.
· Keep bar area stocked, Clean, and organized
*Applicants must be experienced, 18+ and ProServe certified. Able to maintain a positive attitude, possess excellent monetary competency, interpersonal and organizational skills.
FESTIVAL GREEN TEAM
· Help to keep festival grounds clean and inviting
· Removal of litter and recycling
· Ensuring all garbage cans and recycling bins are not overflowing
. Report any sanitation issues to the Festival Manager.
*May be required to help in other areas
. Ensure that the festival site is safe and secure and that all festival rules are being followed
. Ensure no one enters without a ticket or wristband
. All confrontations on site are dealt with quickly and efficiently.
· Able to learn multiple jobs/stations
· Works where/when they are needed
· Communicates with other volunteers and relieves them for breaks
· Run errands associated with the festival
*Applicants must be 18+ and ProServe certified. Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment, able to take direction, possess excellent monetary competency, interpersonal, and organizational skills. May require some heavy lifting and a valid driver’s licence
Volunteer positions with a * will require training prior to start of festival